Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why is art important?

I asked my students why they thought art was important and why they enjoy art.  Here are some of their answers:

  • ... it lets you take a break and relax. 3rd Grade - L
  • ... it lets me express my feelings and make special gifts for my family. 3rd Grade - G
  • ... you learn something new every day in art. 3rd Grade - M
  • ... it helps you calm down. 3rd Grade 
  • ... it is fun and I love to be creative. 3rd Grade - K
  • ... without art there would be no cards, no fun and no color. 3rd Grade - B
  • ... there would be no color in paintings. 3rd Grade - W
  • ... for some people it's their only talent. 4th Grade - N
  • ... I get to use clay, paint and a lot of colors. 4th Grade - L
  • ... you can show how you feel on paper. 4th Grade - K
  • ... you learn how to make art so the world would be more beautiful. 4th Grade - K
  • ... it can inspire kids to be artists. 4th Grade - C
  • ... it makes me feel good. 4th Grade
  • ... because it will help us be inspired to become artists, maybe an actor or something creative.  Maybe help us have jobs when we grow up. 4th Grade - C
  • I like art because art if life.  It gives kids a chance to show what they can do. 4th Grade - B
  • ...you get to express your feelings on a piece of paper and it's fun.  Also, you get to be creative in your own way.  5th Grade - S
  • ... I love to draw and art is a neat way to show everyone's creativity and have fun.  5th Grade - C
  • ... kids can use their imagination. 5th Grade - E
  • ... I can make stuff for my family.  5th Grade - J

No comments:

Post a Comment